Temple Siege Tournament!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Temple Siege Tournament!!!

This forumz is for temple siege. Battle.net West Server. Hosted by channel oP bOnGx.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Questions max had about Rules!!

Go down 
+3
Iceman16
NinjaOtis
rOxmebabY
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rOxmebabY
Private/Noobie
Private/Noobie
rOxmebabY

Questions max had about Rules!! Empty
PostSubject: Questions max had about Rules!!   Questions max had about Rules!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:15 am

Here are some things to think about....

1. Why random teams, this doesnt make much sense. Lets pretend I am a good player, If the other two on my team are complete garbage, it doesnt matter how good I am I will most likely lose. Most matches will come down to "Well I won because my team was a lil less noobier than yours" type of affair. The one exception to this is Mutant, As ling can superman games by himself if played right (Except vs a good warrior, which is his hard counter). Though, you wont always get the ling. Why not be able to choose your own team that you are comfortable with? If you are with guys you never played with before and they are not that good, this is a huge problem. This problem is also compounded by the next rule....which is...

2. The pickings and randoms bit. You do realize that will end up with some serious gimped teams doing this right? For instance, team one has picking advantage. They pick Ling,Rine,Volt, ok now team two randoms, and gets lets say DM,Medic,Summoner...Thats an automatic gg. All team one has to do is make 1 reaver each do not even upgrade anything else. Realize the team picking will always have the advantage of having a hero or Heros who can handle mass spawn, which is crucial in certain match-ups, while the other team can get gimped because they cannot handle mass spawn. Realize there are only 3 good mass spawn Killers. Hydra,Rine,Ling. You can say, LM i guess, but the others can pretty much leave the temple while LM has to stay and defend the temple, also early game LM dies to mass spawn. The others are decent at best, or can control mass spawn but cannot stop it indefinitely, as each spawn controller (I.e Warrior,bat,volt, summoner sans reavers) can handle only up to a certain amount till they reach their breaking point and eventually lose the temple. Realize that any spawn battle against a Assault or Rine, is futile as well. Point is that picking is essential to throw some balance into the game. Otherwise you end up with guys rushing Ling,Marine, and DT to destroy you, then the other team at the mercy of the computering randoming for them.

*The two top rules make the tourney seem almost lottery like, why not just be able choose your own teams? Why not make it so EVERYONE can pick? Or conversely EVERYONE random? The matches will be 10x better if Everyone had their choice in teams and units.*

3. Don't Know the status of this rule but MECH should not be able to manually target his own spawn. This is cheating, and UU has put in hypertriggers to stop this. Mech becomes OP'd if he is able to kill his own spawn. If the mech is able to do this then by the very same admission the assualt should able to nuke his own gates, and summoner can use lings to kill his own gates as well.

Otherwise the rules are just fine. And good job on them, Mr.Admin.
Back to top Go down
rOxmebabY
Private/Noobie
Private/Noobie
rOxmebabY

PostSubject: Re: Questions max had about Rules!!   Questions max had about Rules!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:35 am

rOxmebabY wrote:

1. Why random teams, this doesnt make much sense. Lets pretend I am a good player, If the other two on my team are complete garbage, it doesnt matter how good I am I will most likely lose. Most matches will come down to "Well I won because my team was a lil less noobier than yours" type of affair. The one exception to this is Mutant, As ling can superman games by himself if played right (Except vs a good warrior, which is his hard counter). Though, you wont always get the ling. Why not be able to choose your own team that you are comfortable with? If you are with guys you never played with before and they are not that good, this is a huge problem. This problem is also compounded by the next rule....which is...

2. The pickings and randoms bit. You do realize that will end up with some serious gimped teams doing this right? For instance, team one has picking advantage. They pick Ling,Rine,Volt, ok now team two randoms, and gets lets say DM,Medic,Summoner...Thats an automatic gg. All team one has to do is make 1 reaver each do not even upgrade anything else. Realize the team picking will always have the advantage of having a hero or Heros who can handle mass spawn, which is crucial in certain match-ups, while the other team can get gimped because they cannot handle mass spawn. Realize there are only 3 good mass spawn Killers. Hydra,Rine,Ling. You can say, LM i guess, but the others can pretty much leave the temple while LM has to stay and defend the temple, also early game LM dies to mass spawn. The others are decent at best, or can control mass spawn but cannot stop it indefinitely, as each spawn controller (I.e Warrior,bat,volt, summoner sans reavers) can handle only up to a certain amount till they reach their breaking point and eventually lose the temple. Realize that any spawn battle against a Assault or Rine, is futile as well. Point is that picking is essential to throw some balance into the game. Otherwise you end up with guys rushing Ling,Marine, and DT to destroy you, then the other team at the mercy of the computering randoming for them.

*The two top rules make the tourney seem almost lottery like, why not just be able choose your own teams? Why not make it so EVERYONE can pick? Or conversely EVERYONE random? The matches will be 10x better if Everyone had their choice in teams and units.*

3. Don't Know the status of this rule but MECH should not be able to manually target his own spawn. This is cheating, and UU has put in hypertriggers to stop this. Mech becomes OP'd if he is able to kill his own spawn. If the mech is able to do this then by the very same admission the assualt should able to nuke his own gates, and summoner can use lings to kill his own gates as well.

I will attempt to explain my reasoning behind behind the rules, so everyone can understand what i was thinking when i made these rules. If there are reasonable suggestions that my rules are unfair or faulty i will of course modify them. Lets go over ur complaints max.

1. I already explained that in the introduction thread. EVERYONE has the same chance of winning... which is the whole point of randoming. The concept of this is not to have over stacked team. Since stacked teams are almost always like it make it to the final, it gets very predictable. You might be used to playing with your few friends you have as one team, but in bongx there are many people, so that is the reason for having randomed teams. The second point of having the random teams is testing you ablity to work with new people and having coordination without using chat programs such as vent or skype. Yes not everyone is at the same level but we are not out for blood, this is a chance to play with everyone and learn more about the game.

2. Yes pick and random is also put there to avoid people picking all their best units. THe concept is to be able to adapt to new units and new combo. It is true that likely people would end up with a gimpy units, but then they also have second chance to pick the units they want. The last round we could do either pick vs pick or random vs random. Since more people wanted to do random vs random, i went with that. Since, it is already unfair for the random team, the picking team must choose their units first. That will avoid picking counters against random teams.

If this was one round elimination, i would most likely would have gone with pick vs pick teams. So you see if the game is draw at 1 : 1 win, then it is fitting that round 3 is completely neutral way to pick units.

3. As i stated in the rule.... mech can attack the spawns rushing past to the other side. They can not block... and they can not kill their own buildings. Firebats can double train mass, which is prefectable acceptable. They can even nuke the mass if they are not using block tatics and they and not killing the buildings. So what is the problem here? Is firebat not already op'ed because it can double mass train?

Should we remove double mass traning all together.

If people think these rules are not fair, then of course provide me valid reasons. Don't give me half assed reasons saying it is unfair to me... because i might get noobie teammate. Everyone has same chance of getting a person in a lower level than them.

Learn to adapt... coordinate... and play game to have fun. Thats all I ask.
Back to top Go down
NinjaOtis
Private/Noobie
Private/Noobie

PostSubject: Re: Questions max had about Rules!!   Questions max had about Rules!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 6:20 am

rOxmebabY wrote:
rOxmebabY wrote:

I will attempt to explain my reasoning behind behind the rules, so everyone can understand what i was thinking when i made these rules. If there are reasonable suggestions that my rules are unfair or faulty i will of course modify them. Lets go over ur complaints max.

1. I already explained that in the introduction thread. EVERYONE has the same chance of winning... which is the whole point of randoming. The concept of this is not to have over stacked team. Since stacked teams are almost always like it make it to the final, it gets very predictable. You might be used to playing with your few friends you have as one team, but in bongx there are many people, so that is the reason for having randomed teams. The second point of having the random teams is testing you ablity to work with new people and having coordination without using chat programs such as vent or skype. Yes not everyone is at the same level but we are not out for blood, this is a chance to play with everyone and learn more about the game.

2. Yes pick and random is also put there to avoid people picking all their best units. THe concept is to be able to adapt to new units and new combo. It is true that likely people would end up with a gimpy units, but then they also have second chance to pick the units they want. The last round we could do either pick vs pick or random vs random. Since more people wanted to do random vs random, i went with that. Since, it is already unfair for the random team, the picking team must choose their units first. That will avoid picking counters against random teams.

If this was one round elimination, i would most likely would have gone with pick vs pick teams. So you see if the game is draw at 1 : 1 win, then it is fitting that round 3 is completely neutral way to pick units.

3. As i stated in the rule.... mech can attack the spawns rushing past to the other side. They can not block... and they can not kill their own buildings. Firebats can double train mass, which is prefectable acceptable. They can even nuke the mass if they are not using block tatics and they and not killing the buildings. So what is the problem here? Is firebat not already op'ed because it can double mass train?

Should we remove double mass traning all together.

If people think these rules are not fair, then of course provide me valid reasons. Don't give me half assed reasons saying it is unfair to me... because i might get noobie teammate. Everyone has same chance of getting a person in a lower level than them.

Learn to adapt... coordinate... and play game to have fun. Thats all I ask.

Amen..
Back to top Go down
Iceman16
Private/Noobie
Private/Noobie

PostSubject: Re: Questions max had about Rules!!   Questions max had about Rules!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 7:46 am

Manually attacking your own spawn is giving yourself an unfair advantage. Even when other heroes storm, they actually have to be hitting enemy spawn while the spell is in effect. Anything else is not allowed. Also heroes are balanced accordingly to this splash and 'team xp'. For example: this is why it's unbalanced for a mech player to be team killing all his own spawn. Not only does it make the hero literally 2x as strong as it was intended to be, but it completely denies the other team any spawn (mech can kill all the spawn before it even goes outside of cannons while for all the legit splash heroes, the spawn has to reach the enemy spawn).

This is exactly why the hyper triggers were intended for. To stop the non splash units tk'ing their allies summons as well as the base team's spawn. This is why mech is allowed to L1 splash the spawn for extra xp but not allowed to manually attack it. The "but Assault, LM, DM, Volt etc. splashs too!" excuse is invalid. These heroes were made to receive extra xp gain. If you really find it a problem, either level behind them to halve their xp, or annoy them while they try to level. Problem Solved.

These should be the rules regarding spawn and Tk'ing:

- You are not allowed to purposefully kill(manually attack) allied Nurses/Dark Orbs/Goblins/Satellites for easy exp.
- You may not manually attack allied units for easy/deny exp.
- You may indirectly kill allied spawns with storm/splash. That means you must be trying to hit at least 1 enemy unit with your attack. Storming an enemy cannon is not acceptable.
Back to top Go down
OleMiss2005
Private/Noobie
Private/Noobie
OleMiss2005

PostSubject: Re: Questions max had about Rules!!   Questions max had about Rules!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 7:39 am

Adding a hypertrigger such as that removes the ability of mech ling and bat to force attack period right? Now, wouldn't that overpower the volt? I mean, there is no more counter to magnet. What about dark mage curse? If ur trapped by mass why shouldn't u be allowed to force attack your way out? In an attempt to fix a problem, it seems like another is created.
Back to top Go down
KiNG.MaXX
Private/Noobie
Private/Noobie

PostSubject: Re: Questions max had about Rules!!   Questions max had about Rules!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 8:20 am

OleMiss2005 wrote:
Adding a hypertrigger such as that removes the ability of mech ling and bat to force attack period right? Now, wouldn't that overpower the volt? I mean, there is no more counter to magnet. What about dark mage curse? If ur trapped by mass why shouldn't u be allowed to force attack your way out? In an attempt to fix a problem, it seems like another is created.

The Hypertrigger is already implemented.

The Volts L2 doesnt make you allie him so you can already force attack him. So I do not know what you are trying to say, please explain.

Mech Manual/Mech L4 Manual,Hydra/Muta Manual,Hydra Companion Manual,Ling manual/Ultra Trans,DT manual/Decap,DM Manual/l4 Curse Brood Manual,DM L4 Manual,Warrior Manual/L2 Manual/L3 teleport spawn jump,Summoner Ling/Ultra Manual, Mana rine Mine block (Hard to do but it works)...That should about cover it for what counters volt L2 anymore questions?
Back to top Go down
KiNG.ICe
Private/Noobie
Private/Noobie

PostSubject: Re: Questions max had about Rules!!   Questions max had about Rules!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 9:08 am

"Adding a hypertrigger such as that removes the ability of mech ling and bat to force attack period right? Now, wouldn't that overpower the volt? I mean, there is no more counter to magnet. What about dark mage curse? If ur trapped by mass why shouldn't u be allowed to force attack your way out? In an attempt to fix a problem, it seems like another is created."

The hyper triggers are already in the map. It's not a plea to put them in.
Back to top Go down
NinjaOtis
Private/Noobie
Private/Noobie

PostSubject: Re: Questions max had about Rules!!   Questions max had about Rules!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 3:42 am

KiNG.MaXX wrote:
OleMiss2005 wrote:

The Hypertrigger is already implemented.

The Volts L2 doesnt make you allie him so you can already force attack him. So I do not know what you are trying to say, please explain.

Mech Manual/Mech L4 Manual,Hydra/Muta Manual,Hydra Companion Manual,Ling manual/Ultra Trans,DT manual/Decap,DM Manual/l4 Curse Brood Manual,DM L4 Manual,Warrior Manual/L2 Manual/L3 teleport spawn jump,Summoner Ling/Ultra Manual, Mana rine Mine block (Hard to do but it works)...That should about cover it for what counters volt L2 anymore questions?

You forgot FBat manual,Lm L1 force t('.'t) !

Oh and i forgot Lurks too
Back to top Go down
usuckhahaha
Private/Noobie
Private/Noobie

PostSubject: Re: Questions max had about Rules!!   Questions max had about Rules!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 6:42 am

rOxmebabY wrote:
Torture did not infact say he hacked in temple siege games. If you read your own picture you put up, he said he CAN hack, not that he did. If you do not know the difference go back to school and learn some grammars.

Questions max had about Rules!! Scscrnshot063009154257

Questions max had about Rules!! Scscrnshot063009154303
Torture threatening to do something.
Questions max had about Rules!! Scscrnshot063009154320
Torture using some form of spam latency hack so no messages could be read.
Questions max had about Rules!! Scscrnshot063009154441
Torture threatening to drophack
Questions max had about Rules!! Scscrnshot063009154509
Torture using his drophacks.

But yet I'm the one being punished.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions max had about Rules!!   Questions max had about Rules!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions max had about Rules!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Temple Siege Tournament!!! :: Tourney Information :: General Tourney Info.-
Jump to: